Kandooma has slowly started to become very popular with Pollywog customers, with it having capped surfer numbers and being more reasonably priced than the other popular resorts.
Kandooma Island is blessed with white sands, azure skies, lush tropical greenery and clear turquoise waters. To complement this, Kandooma Resort has created services intended to satisfy, engage, entertain, inform, educate and..... luxuriate.
Kandooma Island is 13 hectares in area or roughly about a 20 minute walk around the perimeter. It is located two thirds down the south eastern edge of the South Male Atoll, only 45 minute speedboat ride from the capital Male. Kandooma has beautiful white sandy beaches around a third of the island for those with kids who love to play in beach sand; or those prefer working on their tans on the beach rather than on the sun loungers around the pool.
Guaranteed Limited Surfer Numbers at the Resort!
With limited numbers at the resort, we can now guarantee that all surfers on Kandooma Island will be able to enjoy one of the best right handers in the Maldives uncrowded every day. We believe that there is no closer accommodation to take off zone in the world. You barely have to walk 30 metres from your villa to the paddle out point, and you literally lie in bed and watch the hollow and highly rippable waves peel down the point.
Our operator has a team at the resort that will look after all your surfing and yoga needs. They have a western head guide managing the local Maldivian surf guide team. All guides are first-aid trained and water-safety qualified.
The breaks around Kandooma Resort have something for everyone, from first time beginners on the beach break; to those beginners that want to move to an intermediate level; to experienced surfers looking for fast barrels and rippable walls. The surf instructor is qualified to teach and help progress to non-surfers and surfers of all levels. Full-day surf transfers are a 3-hour trip up to four times daily to any South Male Atolls breaks, with departure times variable depending on the best surfing conditions. Surf breaks visited are Riptides, Foxy€™s, Twin Peaks, Quarters, Tucky Joe's, Last Stop and Kate€™s.
Kandooma Island is located in South Male and is a stunning surf resort boasting exceptional service and facilities. Perfect for couples, honeymooners and families, this resort always receives rave reviews from our clients. This resort offers Beach View Villas, 2-storey Beach Houses, 2-Bedroom Family Villas and awesome Overwater Villas - and a high-quality right-hander surf break just outside the resort.
The resort is also passionate about sustainability and have several eco-initiatives in place to reduce waste and lower their carbon footprint.
- Capped surfer numbers guaranteed.
- Resident Perfect Wave surf guides.
- Resident yoga instructor.
- Watch the surf from your villa.
- Perfect for families.
- 4 Restaurant options.
- 2x daily surf transfers.
- Spa & gym facilities.
- Practices eco initiatives.
Regular Package Inclusions:
- Return speedboat airport to resort transfers
- Welcome drink & cold face towel on arrival
- Accommodation of your choice
- Buffet breakfast daily
- Tea, coffee & bottled water in your room
- Free WiFi
- Daily snorkelling trip
- Use of snorkelling equipment
- Use of internet lounge
- Use of guest library
- Regular evening entertainment
- Sunscreen & drinking water on the main beach
- Kids Club (free for 4-12 years)
- Kids up to 11 years eat for free when dining with adults at Kandooma Café
- Service charge, Maldives 12% (2017) GST and Green Tax
** Package prices do not include lunch, dinner or beverage plans, but these can be added.
Surfer Package includes all regular package inclusions plus:
- Unlimited access to Kandooma Right surf break
- Twice daily transfers to local South Male breaks including Riptides, Foxy€™s, Twin Peaks, Quarters, Tucky Joes and Kate€™s. Two dhonis with a maximum of 15 surfers on each trip
- Surf transfers are approximately 3 hours per trip and depart approximately 8.30am and 2.30pm (subject to weather and tidal conditions)
- Includes assistance and direction from our experienced and qualified surf guides
PLEASE NOTE T'S & C'S APPLY!
7 NIGHT PACKAGES FROM R36500 LAND ONLY!