Grand Opening March 2017, the new Lakey Peak Haven is located in the village of Hu’u, South East Sumbawa, and is accessible by daily flights (1hr 20min) from Denpasar, Bali. Hu’u – LAKEY PEAK is renowned for some of the best waves in Indonesia. With right hand pitching barrels, and a left hander that has many different shapes from stand up barrels to 200m long walls... all depending on the swell direction and size.
Welcome to "Lakey Peak Haven"
Lakey Peak, a world famous A-Framed surf break on the south coast of Sumbawa, between Lombok and Timor. As well as the peak, there are lefts & rights to keep you entertained. Lakey Peak Haven is our newest surf accommodation giving you a private escape set amongst rice fields and rolling hills away from the busy esplanade.
Accommodation owner and World Surfaris Bali manager Michael Hill, has built Lakey Peak Haven from the ground up and to celebrate this milestone, World Surfaris would like to offer an opening special to kick things off!
Grand Opening 15 March 2017, the new Lakey Peak Haven is located in the village of Hu’u, South East Sumbawa, and is accessible by daily flights (1hr 20min) from Denpasar, Bali. Hu’u – LAKEY PEAK is renowned for some of the best waves in Indonesia. With right hand pitching barrels, and a left hander that has many different shapes from stand up barrels to 200m long walls... all depending on the swell direction and size.
5 World Class Waves on access here!
Lakey Peak Haven has been designed as a more personal and private style of surfer accommodation. Built on 4000m2 block of land with only 8 rooms available, everyone that stays here gets to enjoy the space and open plan layout. This is your own private sanctuary / haven. Away from the tauts and motorbike rental hawkers on the beach.
Lakey Peak Haven overlooks the whole area... 180 degree ocean and surf views with amazing sunsets. Keeping the raw aspect of Sumbawa Island life and using all local materials from the hardwood shacks to the river stone pathways and walls to create the natural ambience. Beautiful tropical gardens colour the landscape and the inhouse vegetable patch and fruit trees complete the Haven. Sumbawa is like Bali was 40 years ago. The local people are mainly Muslim, but with more and more transmigration from neighbouring islands like Sumba and Flores makes for a cultural experience. With a mountainous backdrop, Lakey Peak Haven looks straight out into the ocean and over to West Sumbawa.
The owners, Michael & Made Hill are Australian and Balinese and have been coming to Lakey Peak for the past 20 years and have finally committed to their life long dream. Now they want to share it with travellers and surfers from all around the world to experience the area like it should be experienced... the right way, hassle free.
Apart from Lakey Peak, there are numerous waves nearby:
- Nunggas, is a long left-hander that can travel up to 200 metres in distance. It can barrel like G-Land & hold up like T-Land. Better when its a bit bigger.
- Lakey Pipe, is a seriously fun wave for those who love surfing left hollow rip bowls. Suitable on mid - high tides or when Lakey Peak is too big.
- Periscopes, as the name suggests...hold on and enjoy the pit! Quality right-hander that picks up a little less swell than Lakey Peak but certainly one you need on your bucket list.
- Cobblestones, is another peak located in a very picturesque bay. The right is fun in the 2-4ft range with the left being a serious favourite with surfers for its hollow sections from take-off to kick out.
- Nanga Doros, is the swell magnet of the area. Picks up more swell than Lakey Peak and is a good option for when Lakeys looks small or even flat (rare).
SURF SHACK = ZAR FROM R8 975 PER PERSON SHARING
Inclusions: Based on Twin Share
*Accommodation & daily breakfast
*Ground handling & domestic flights
*Daily surf shuttles to surf breaks (2 per day)
**Subject to availability
**Sole Use discounts available for groups
**Packages DO NOT include International flights